Monday, June 29, 2015

wip - my little world

There seems to be a run on shameless copycatting in the quilt world.  This picture of Jen Kingwell's
"My Small World" was all over Instrgram from Spring market.

Not that I've got quilts already going in all the different phases, not that my life is busy crazy with kids and grandkids running through, BUT I HAD TO MAKE ONE OF THESE . . .  ASAP.


Isn't it beautiful?  Look at the detail!  So many fabrics, so many patterns.


Off came the current project that was on the design wall.  Out came the buckets of "odds and ends" and scraps.  (I haven't been able to find a pattern for Jen's quilt)

I knew there was a benefit to not following patterns but of being a quilter who modifies patterns on a regular basis.  Lots of left-overs!


One thing's for sure, this is one messy quilt to put together.








And you are definitely putting a puzzle together . . .







Its nothing like Jen Kingwell's, but it's nice to use all those "left-overs"!

linked:
finish it friday



6 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing, and isn't it fun to use up your scraps. This is going to be a very fun project . . . relax and let the pieces tell you when they want to go. The quirkier the better:)
    Have Fun!!!
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so neat. And it's just right that your world is different from hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your quilt! Jen Kingwell's pattern is in Quiltmania, a special Spring 2015 edition. It has been difficult to get, as everyone seems to have sold out early! I wish I were good enough to have created my own version, as you have done! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful. I enjoy seeing how each one is different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, very interesting! You made it your own! Thanks for sharing the process with us. Love seeing your sky "grow" with each step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the building with the outside stairwell! Really though, I like everything about it. It's fun and happy. Thanks for posting pictures of the quilt in "growing" stages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.